"Hello, my name is Pink Lady and I'm an Italophile. I haven't been to Italy in over a year". "Hello Pink Lady!".
Yes, I love all things Italian. I wonder why? A former boss of mine - an equally huge Italophile - was of the opinion that people love Italy only because of the food. Well, I admit that it's a big attraction, but it really isn't all there is to it. At least not for me.
Other Italian things I love:
- The coffee (pictured)
- The culture of coffee shops
- The fashion!!!!!
- The way so many Italians are well-dress - especially the men
- How the Italians look (lots of very attractive people)
- The sound of the language
- The art
- The architecture
- The beauty of the cities
- The beauty of the countryside
- The fact that the clothes are cheaper than in Finland (especially the lingerie is great!)
- The shoes
- The manners, the way they treat women (well, this can also be a con in some cases, depends - my friends says it's horrible to travel alone in Italy as a woman.)
- Opera (I'm not super-crazy about Italian popular music. I do listen to Eros Ramazzotti, but I'm not so familiar with their pop stars).
- They way they love children
- The way they respect their elders
- The weather
- The food
- The wine
I'm sure I could add a lot more items to this list, but those were the first things I could think of.