Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Life Imitates Art



Hey There Bloggers and Blog-Readers,

In my previous blog, I mentioned having attended a birthday party recently. It was at a summer "cottage" - well, more of a summer house, really. It was an amazingly beautiful place in Särkisalo. My boyfriend's uncle and his wife have owned the place for about 20 years and have been making improvements the whole time. It really was like paradise. The garden was really well kept, there were many different kinds of flowers, an orchard, a separate sauna building by the sea (a wood-heated sauna of course) and even a japanese-style bathtub (like a wooden hot tub). I'd like to have a house to live in all year round in a place like that, not just for the summer.

This beautiful pot of sunflowers was one of the many bouquets of flowers displayed - doesn't it look a lot like the Van Gogh painting?!!? :-)

I am now planning on planting sunflower seeds in our own garden! :-)

Sunny Lady

No comments: