Saturday, April 29, 2006

Alvar Aalto and Coco Chanel



What do Alvar Aalto and Coco Chanel have in common? They're both brilliant designers! The vase behind the perfume bottle is a small version of the famous Aalto vase. It's a play on words, since "aalto" means wave in Finnish and the design of the vase resembles a wave (when looked at from the top).

My very first perfume was Nina Ricci's L'air du Temps. My mother bought it for me the first time I was in Paris - at age 12. Since then, I've used several perfumes. I've never had a "signature scent" like some women do.

Chanel Number 5 was my favourite for a long time and I still use it sometimes. Current favourites include Ralph Lauren's Ralph (lovely scent - but a horrible name for a perfume!), Issey Miyaki's Eau D'Issey, Donna Karan's Be Delicious (a lovely scent of green apples!) and Calvin Klein's Eternity Purple Orchid.

The latter was given to me by a dear friend. She had bought it for herself, but realized that she just couldn't use it - she would be a Coco girl forever! That's why I can never consider using Chanel's Coco; to me, it will always be her scent!

So I took a Chance!

Delicious Lady

P.S. The Aalto vase is filled with pebbles from our trip to Crete (see my post from March 26th, 2006).

No comments: