Thursday, March 30, 2006

Best Gift Ever...


This baby is the best gift I ever got: an iPod! It's funny, because when I opened the package (Christmas 2004), I actually did not know what an iPod was!! It was a beautiful, cube-shaped package in cool colours that said iPod. I looked at my live-in boyfriend (whom I adore - and no, not just because he buys me such amazing presents!) and asked: "iPod, what's that?". Can you believe it? I was so out of it! I was still listening to CDs back then. I had heard of MP3s of course but had no idea how great they actually are (however, to be completely exact, Apple products do not use MP3 but Apple's own format).

So my boyfriend was actually able to buy the perfect gift for me: something that I had no idea I wanted or needed, but that became one of the most important things in my life. My "pod", as I like to call it, has 20 G's of memory, which has been enough so far. But perhaps my next one will have the full 40...

I currently have around 500 CDs and the plan is to eventually download all that music into iTunes and then onto the pod. I'm actually considering giving up my CD collection - all it does is gather dust. I'm into clutter-clearance big time at the moment: "Have nothing in your houses that you do not believe to be beautiful or know to be useful" (William Morris). The pod is both!!

Questions: how come you can only get the smaller pods in pink? ;-)

Actually, I love the white colour of the pod: it's been the inspiration behind my home office, which is mostly all-white, just with some fuschia high-lights. I'll post the photo later...

Thanks so much for the terrific gift!!

Pinky

No comments: