Friday, June 30, 2006

Hoooooolidayyyyyy!!!!!!!










Holiday! Celebrate!

Yes, my summer holidays began today. A whole month, 4 weeks - 30 whole days of nothing to do!! Or, we could also say, all the time in the world to do all the things I've been longing to do.

What things might those be? See friends. Sleep - a lot!!! Go jogging or to the gym or get some sort of exercize every single day. Read!!!! Write. Cook from scratch. Clean the house (yes, it can be enjoyable if you're not in a hurry). Organize my closets. Go shopping. Go out. Eat out. Go to the beach....

I took the photo today, around 10:30 pm. Yep, it's those white Northern nights. The sun is just setting in the photo. You can compare this photo with the winter view posted earlier. You can't really tell from this photo, but this year, our neighbours have planted rapeseed. It's been wheat in previous years. The rapeseed flowers are not yet quite yellow, but getting there. This view will be even more beautiful in a couple of weeks.

The thing that I'm really looking forward to most of all during my holiday is reading. I do read all the time anyway, but in the past few months, I've had a craving to devour book after book, so it's great to have unlimited reading time. My partner and I went to the bookshop today after work and got some more summer reading. I got yet another business book and also The Da Vinci Code. Everyone's made such a huge deal of that book, so I thought I'd check it out as well. I've already seen the movie (twice in fact), so there won't be any huge surprises for me. I am looking forward to descriptions of art and architecture. I'm not necessarily expecting a literary masterpiece, but perhaps a nice, light summer read.

The problem with the Finnish summer is that we don't get a "summer" every year. What I mean is that sometimes the summer is cold-ish and rainy, so it just feels like spring extends into autumn, without any summer in between. So far the summer seems promising, we've had some really nice sunny days and even a couple of hot days. But we do have a plan B: if the weather is not good, we'll try to book a trip down South, meaning Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc. Let's see how it goes. It's nice to not have any specific plans.

The Lady Who Loves a Pink Sky

No comments: